Monday, February 14, 2011

January Blog

January is a month off from English teaching. Since I went home and many students cancel during the summer months (January-mid-march), it made sense to just take all of January off and start clean in February. My time off has been nice. I went with the youth group to church camp and shared with everyone my most favorite silly songs. Also, a group of us made some games for everyone one a daily basis. My favorite was definitely the game that mixed capture-the-flag with water balloons… and my team won by the way. Sometimes my co-planners would let me explain the game to everyone.This always made for a laugh. Without fail, in my eagerness to explain the game. I would almost always come to a word I didn’t know and would… without hesitating… act that word out. Sometimes my explanations became dancing sharades with sound-effects. To a listener it probably sounded more like, “So if the ball does splat make sure you zoink or else you’ll have to… ‘oh no I’m dead!’… understand?” Somehow everyone understood. That’s probably a miracle. Ha ha.

Ok. On a more profound note, the church I meet with has seen 5 baptisms in January. Pretty attention calling because the annual average is 10. I’m pleased to say we can’t much take the credit… When it’s the lives of other men and the work of God. But we tried to be there praying and some were teaching and all were listening. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment